Friday, July 25, 2008

How We Met Milt


To Kristin, Kim, Keith, June, and the family…..

I’m writing to let you know firstly, who I am, and secondly, how we met Milt.

I am Jeffs mom, Sharis mother-in-law. I only met Milt once, that was when Jeff and Shari were married and Milt and June came to Maryland for the rehearsal dinner and for the wedding.

I had the pleasure of sitting next to Milt at the rehearsal dinner and chatting up a storm!!! We got to know each other and at that time, I knew that I had met a very special couple.

I send my (our) sympathies to you all, knowing that a very special man will be sorely missed.

Most Sincerely,

Sue and Bob Loftus



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thoughts On a Long Friendship

In 1946, the Glenn L. Martin Co. hired Milton and assigned him to the Flight Test Data Analysis Group. As his supervisor, I quickly discovered he was eminently overqualified for this job. This group decided they should go bowling (ten pins no less in the duck pin capital) and we all met June. WOW! That boy was even smarter than I originally thought. Our friendship and families grew from that point. So many fond memories - trips to Washington, D.C. to restock the liquor cabinets with the good stuff at prices we could afford; picnics; New Years Eve's; Cape May, N.J.; and just spending time together. So glad I made it to Monterey. Hate to say goodbye Milton, R.I.P.

Howard

Anonymous said...

Memories of Milton

One of my earliest memories is the comforting sound of talking and laughing whenever Milton, June and Keith got together with Howard, Jane, and me of course. Uncle Milt was a great wisecracker and he and my Dad were a real pair. I am so grateful that my Mom and Dad have had such wonderful friends, then and through the years.
Later on, when Janis and I visited June and Milton in Saratoga, they showed us such a good time. Milton took us to a great Chinese restaurant and introduced us to Spaten (June introduced us to a great winery or two). Milton, of course, could always be counted on to have a good story to tell, many of which Janis and I could later use to tease our Dad.
Milton and his wonderful family will ever remain in our hearts.

Judy